Join Shaping Europe as a Social Media Coordinator and lead our online presence to new heights.
Shaping Europe’s mission is to empower young Europeans, amplifying their voices and providing a platform to actively contribute to the future of Europe. Our work primarily involves informative articles shared on our website, as well as in person activities such as workshops.
Shaping Europe was founded in 2020, and is registered as a non-profit organisation in the Netherlands. Our operations are driven entirely by a passionate team of volunteers, currently numbering thirteen dedicated individuals.
As our Social Media Coordinator, you will play a pivotal role in enhancing and expanding Shaping Europe’s social media footprint. Your hands-on approach and strategic thinking will drive engagement, foster connections, and bring our vision to a wider audience.
As the Social Media Coordinator, you will also hold a position on Shaping Europe’s board. This dual role not only encompasses all aspects of social media management but also grants you the opportunity to contribute insights to the organisation’s broader strategic goals and objectives.
- Write and execute a social media strategy for the short-medium term that aligns with our strategic objectives. This involves devising a plan for expanding and overseeing the social media team.
- Curate, create, and schedule engaging content across relevant social media channels.
- Interact with our community, responding to inquiries and fostering discussions.
- Monitor trends and analyse performance to refine strategies.
- Collaborate closely with the board and editorial staff to ensure a cohesive and sustainable online presence.
- Passion for our mission and a deep understanding of social media dynamics.
- Creative flair for creating captivating content.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, organised and able to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in Canva, or other relevant design software.
- Proficiency in English and/or Dutch.
Why Join Us
By becoming a volunteer at Shaping Europe, you’ll be at the forefront of driving positive change. Your efforts will directly contribute to shaping the future of Europe while honing your writing, leadership and marketing skills in a collaborative environment.
While most of our work is done remotely, we find it important to come together in person regularly to brainstorm, get to know each other, and have fun! We find it important that all of Shaping Europe volunteers can attend these gatherings, and therefore we will only consider applicants that are based in the Netherlands.
Availability required is between four and five hours a week.
Ready to make a lasting impact? Join us in our mission. Apply now by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org